Best 5 top custom ROMs for Galaxy S8
Samsung has launched Galaxy S8 smartphone, earlier this year. The Galaxy S8 is one of the best smartphones of this year. It comes with the Infinity Display design with very powerful hardware. Here in this article, we listed top 5 best custom ROMs for Galaxy S8 flagship smartphone.
Most of the custom ROMs for the Galaxy S8 are stable and you can use them on a daily basis. Before installing custom ROMs, you need to remember some important things. If anything happens to your device during this process, we will not be responsible. So proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
How to Install Custom ROMs
- Download custom ROM and GApps for your device and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold volume up and power button together for some time.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
List of Custom ROMs for Galaxy S8
1. LineageOS ROM for Galaxy S8
The LineageOS is replaced and improved version of the CyanogenMod. The version of custom ROM for Galaxy S8 is LineageOS 14.1 which is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system. The ROM is still in alpha build and may have few bugs. This Lineage)S 14.1 custom ROM is only for Samsung Galaxy S8 G950F and Galaxy S8 G950FD models, so don’t try on other models. The developer of this ROM is FevaX.
2. Galaxy Note 8 Ported ROM FOr Galaxy S8
The ROM for Samsung Galaxy S8 is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system with Note 8’s AQH9 firmware. It comes with Galaxy Note 8 features, permissive kernel and root by Magisk v14. It has Samsung’s TouchWiz UI. This ROM is only for Galaxy S8 Exynos powered models, don’t try this on other models which run on Qualcomm Snapdragon.
3. Project Alice 3.1 For Galaxy S8
The Project Alice 3.1 is based on stock Touchwiz. However, all the pre-installed apps are removed and the ROM is fully debloated as well as de-odexed. The ROM is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat Operating system. If you love the Samsung’s skins but don’t like the bloatware, then this ROM is for you. The ROM is one of the lightest ROMs available in the market for Galaxy S8. It’s a stable ROM and you can use it on daily bases, the size of the ROM is 1.5 GB. The ROM boots the performance of the Galaxy S8, apps are optimized to use minimal resources.
4. Nemesis ROM For Galaxy S8
Nemesis ROM is one of the first custom ROMs available for the Samsung Galaxy S8. The ROM is stable and based on Android Nougat operating system along with the latest security patch updates. It has permissive kernel and features such as call recording button in dialer, floating message notifications, status bar speed meter, bloatware and unnecessary apps removed, app lock and much more.
5. BatStock ROM for Galaxy S8
BatStock ROM is custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S8 which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system. The ROM is as close to stock as possible with some extra features and customization. The ROM has an active community who update the ROM features and stability frequently. The ROM comes with Custom Kernel, Magisk v13, Adblocking support, iOS emojis, aroma installer and much more features. The ROM is stable and boots battery and performance on the phone. The ROM is only for Galaxy S8 SM-G950F, SM- G950FD and SM-G950N models.