Best custom ROMs for the Huawei P8 Lite
Huawei P8 lite is the lite variant smartphone of the Huawei P8, which was launched back in May 2015. The P8 Lite came with pre-installed Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system out of the box, but company upgraded it to Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. After Android Marshmallow firmware update there is no any other os or firmware update released for the device by the company. Don’t worry still you can enjoy the latest Android firmware versions of the Huawei P8 Lite by installing custom ROMs. Here in this article, we listed best custom ROMs for the Huawei P8 Lite. Some custom ROMs for the device are based on latest Android Oreo and some Android Nougat.
If you have Huawei P8 Lite and want to enjoy latest Android firmware version, you should go for Custom ROMs. Custom ROMs offers you more customizations and feature over the stock ROM. To download and install Custom ROMs on the Huawei P8 Lite, follow the article step by step.
List of custom ROMs for the Huawei P8 Lite:
1. LineageOS Custom ROM for Huawei P8 Lite
The LineageOS is the new, replaced and improved version of the CyanogenMod and most developers are using the LineageOS source code to develop a custom ROM. The LineageOS custom ROM version available for the P8 Lite is LineageOS 14, which is based on Android 7.1.2 operating system. It provides almost stock Android experience and stable performance.
The LineageOS is a very stable custom ROM for the device which means you can download and install and use it on a daily basis. If you encounter a bug or an issue in this ROM, don’t panic as the developers will most likely fix all the bugs in the upcoming builds. The Custom ROM is unofficial Android 7.1.2 Nougat firmware ROM for the Huawei P8 Lite.
2. Paranoid Android (AOSPA) ROM for Huawei P8 Lite
Paranoid Android ROM is one of the best custom ROM on the market. The ROM is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system. The Custom ROM also comes with AOSP 7.3.0 features on it. The developer team of this custom ROM is hired by the OnePlus manufacturer to work on OxygenOS ROMs.
The custom ROM is very simple, stable and highly customizable custom ROM. The AOSPA 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM comes with few improved features such as Pie Controls, Color Engine, Immersive Mode, Paranoid OTA Updater, Battery Styles, Quick Pull-down, Enhanced Kernel + Control and more.
3. Resurrection Remix for Huawei P8 Lite
The Resurrection Remix unofficial custom ROM for Huawei P8 Lite is based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system. The ROM is built from LineageOS ROM source code which provides it more stability. It also has features from Slim, Omni CM and AOKP ROMs which provides it more customization, performance and power. The ROM is stable and secure to use on a daily basis.
4. GZOSP (Ground Zero Open Source Project) ROM for Huawei P8 Lite
The GZOSP (Ground Zero Open Source Project) is a custom ROM which is based on the latest Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. The team who developed the ROM is OpenKirin. The OpenKirin Team is known for the GZOSP ROMs developments.
How to install custom ROM on Huawei P8 Lite
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Huawei P8 Lite. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
Install Custom ROMs
- Download custom ROM and GApps for your device and transfer them into internal storage option.
- Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold power + volume up buttons together for few seconds, release all buttons when you see Samsung logo on the screen.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.