No matter the amount of functionality you get from your device, you always want more. Don’t worry, it’s not just you, we all do it. And one of the things that the Apple users – especially those with the larger screen sizes of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus – have always wanted is more icons for their dock.
While you get to add four icons in the dock on an iPhone, for some users, that’s just not enough. Having apps in the dock makes them much easier and faster to access.
Thankfully, you have a Cydia tweak that can help slightly, by adding just one more app to the dock. Here’s how to install the tweak to get a fifth icon dock on your iPhone.
How to Add Fifth Icon on any iPhone Dock – Video Guide
Known as betterFiveIconDock, this Cydia tweak helps you place your favourite fifth app to the iPhone dock. Here’s how to add Fifth Icon on any iPhone Dock:
Video Curtsy – TheUnlocker.com
Steps to Add Fifth Icon on any iPhone Dock
I. Jailbreak your iPhone
Your iPhone must be jailbroken before you can install the tweak. Please head to our jailbreaking section to learn how you can jailbreak your iPhone and get Cydia running on it by selecting the version of iOS you are currently running and doing the specific tutorial for that version of iOS. When you’re done, come back here and continue.
II. Install betterFiveIconDock
- Open Cydia.
- Tap on Sources.
- Tap on Edit in the top-right corner.
- Tap on Add in the top-left corner.
- Enter the following URL in the box given on your iPhone’s screen, and then tap on Add Source to add the entered source into the Cydia app on your iPhone.
- Once the source from the above link gets added, return back to the many Cydia menu by tapping return option out there.
- Now tap on search icon placed at the bottom and type: betterFiveIconDock
- Now, you need to do some modification to the app, just click on Settings at the top right corner to move ahead.
- Now click on finish to complete the installation.
- Now the final step is to restart your iPhone completely.