Huawei has launched the Honor 9 last year, its a mid-range smartphone comes with pretty good specs and features. The phone runs on Android 7.0 Nougat operating system out of the box and its upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo officially. Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download, flash and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Honor 9 which is based on Resurrection Remix custom ROM.
Huawei Honor 9 comes with 5.15-inch IPS display with 1080 x 1920 pixels of resolution and 428 PPI density ratio. It has 4 GB and 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB and 128 GB internal storage option variants, respectively. The phone powered by Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 960 chipset along with Mali-G71 MP8 GPU under the hood. It is available in Glacier Grey, Sapphire Blue, Midnight Black, Gold, Blue Bird, Robin Egg Blue color options.
The Honor 9 codename stf featured with dual megapixel camera sensors on the back side along with phase detection autofocus, 2x lossless zoom and dual-LED dual-tone flash features. There are a 12-megapixel main camera and 20-megapixel secondary camera sensor. It has an 8-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies and video calls. It is packed with Non-removable Li-Po 3200 mAh battery along with fast charging support. It offers 40% charging in just 30 min.
The ROM version is Resurrection Remix 6.0 which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo source code. If you have Huawei Honor 9 smartphone and want to experience latest Android 8.1 Oreo features on it, then you’re at right place.
Just follow the article completely to update and install Android 8.1 Oreo on Honor 9 based on Resurrection Remix (RR) 6.0 ROM. Remeber, we are not responsible if anything happens to your phone during installation, SO, proceed at your own risk.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial only for Huawei Honor 9, don’t try it on other devices.
- This process will delete all your device data. So, make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download Android 8.1 Oreo Resurrection Remix 6.0 for Honor 9
- Download GApps
How to Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Honor 9 based on Resurrection Remix custom ROM
- Download Resurrection Remix custom ROM and GApps files for Honor 9 and transfer them to the internal storage of the phone.
- Now, reboot your device into TWRP Recovery mode by press and hold volume down and power button together for some time.
- Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
- Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
- Now, tap on the install and select the custom ROM .zip file and flash it.
- After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
- After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
- It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
That’s it. Now, your Honor 9 is running on Android 8.1 Oreo operating system based on Resurrection Remix ROM. If you are facing any problem in any step, let us know in the comment box.