Android Lollipop started arriving to several high-end devices along with Moto G across the world, but still users who have high-end devices like Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, HTC One M8, OnePlus One are still waiting for the update. As OnePlus One smartphone runs CyanogenMod ROM out of the box allows more features than a normal Android stock user still hasn’t got the latest one as it is in testing phase. If you don’t want to wait anymore for the official update to seed your smartphone, just go through this tutorial to be a part of CM 12 based Android Lollipop user.
As the CyanogenMod 12 AOSP firmware based on Lollipop offers most of the features along with Material Design UI and other eye catching features. As we all know a custom ROM offers more features than a stock one, here is the list of features of Lollipop based CM 12 Custom ROM:
Working features of CM 12 Custom ROM on OnePlus One
- CyanogenMod Source
- Text, Calls, Data, WiFi, Audio, MMS, Bluetooth, GPS
- Video Recording
- Internal/External SD card working absolutely fine
- NFC, IF Blaster
- Video Playback, Audio Playback
- Camera(Front/Back) working
Features that are need to fixed
- Issues with touchscreen while playing certain games.
- Even after turning off the GPS, you can see the icon at the notification center.
- More CyanogenMod features are yet to be ported to this ROM as only few of them are working for now.
- To flash this ROM on your device, it must have root access with installed CWM/TWRP recovery. Search our blog to find the suitable article.
- You must have created the backup of all your contacts, data, and files.
- Don’t forget to enable USB debugging mode, to do so, follow this path-Settings->Applications->Developers Options->USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that you have charged your device, it should show the battery level up to 60%.
Install Android 5.0 Lollipop based CM 12 ROM on OnePlus One (CWM Recovery method)
- Download both the file on your PC and transfer them to your device’s SD card by connecting it through USB cable.
- Now remove the device and turn it off completely.
- Now Press Volume Up+Home+Power button to boot into recovery mode.
- Once entering into the recovery mode, you will see several options, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset option
- Now clear the cache memory by selecting Wipe Cache Partition.
- Then go back to main recovery menu and select advanced option and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- After doing all the basic tasks, you now need to flash the ROM on your device, just go through the option called ‘Install Zip from SD card‘ and browse the ROM file you have transferred to your device’s SD card to being the installation.
- Follow the same Step 7 to flash GApps on your device but this time browse GApps instead of the ROM file.
- After installation, just reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully updated your device to Android Lollipop based CM 12 Custom ROM. For any queries, use our comment box to write to us.