Rocking Xperia TX? Great news for you, CyanogenMod 12 based on Android Lollipop now arrived for Xperia TX users. All you need to do is to have rooted Xperia TX with installed CMW or TWRP recovery. As the device is quite outdated and there is not hope that the device will get any official Android update but custom ROMs are the best option to stay updated with the Android, other popular custom ROMs are also available for this device but according to me CM 12 which is totally based on Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware and offers every features. Though, the ROM is still is testing phase, so you might come across where you will find some features are not working properly but according to Cyanogen, they said that within few days they will sort out all the bugs and release the stable to their users. If you are interesting in testing the Lollipop features and Material Design UI on your Xperia TX then easily follow the process we have mentioned below that allows you get you’re looking for. But make sure you have rooted your Xperia TX and installed any Custom recovery (preferably CWM or TWRP), if not, then first go through Google and find appropriate guide that allows you get rooted and offers custom recovery installation guide.
If we talk about the features of the CM 12 ROM, the NFC, Bluetooth, Google Apps, GPS, camera and calls work fine currently. Most of these features weren’t working when the developer first released the ROM, so he has been making great progress with it. Earlier, the list of bugs was quite extensive, but most of them have now been fixed in the latest build of the ROM and as I mentioned above, rest of them will also be fixed soon.
- To flash this ROM on your device, it must have root access with installed CWM/TWRP recovery. Search our blog to find the suitable article.
- You must have created the backup of all your contacts, data, and files.
- Don’t forget to enable USB debugging mode, to do so, follow this path-Settings->Applications->Developers Options->USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that you have charged your device, it should show the battery level up to 60%.
- Make sure that you have installed and setup Fastboot adb on your PC, follow this guide to do so.
The guide involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may damage your device. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Download Lollipop based CM 12 ROM for Xperia TX
- Download Kernel Boot image
- Download Google Apps zip file
Install Android Lollipop based CM 12 ROM on Xperia TX
- Download all the files from the link above on your PC and extract the Cm 12 ROM zip file on your desktop and copy all files to the fastboot working folder.
- Now you need to reboot your device into fastboot mode, first connect your device to your PC via USB cable.
- Then go to the folder where you have installed the fastboot on your PC and open command prompt by Pressing Shift+Right Click and selection the option called ‘open command prompt here’.
- Now you just type the following command to boot your device into fastboot mode
adb reboot fastboot
- Now you are in fastboot, now flash the boot.img file
fastboot -i 0xfce flash system system.img fastboot -i 0fxce flash boot boot_f.elf fastboot -i 0xfce reboot
- Now copy the GoogleApps zip file you have downloaded to your device’s SD card.
- Now again you need to go into recovery, press Volume Up+Home+Power button until you see Sony logo and there perform Wipe Data and Cache Partition.
- Then find an option called ‘install zip from SD card’, and locate the GApps zip file and flash it.
- Then go to advanced option and select Wipe Dalvik cache and reboot your device.
- Now make sure that your device will take very long time to boot up for the first time, so be patient and don’t play much with it until it gets started compltely.