Galaxy is the most widespread smartphone series in the world manufactured by Samsung, most of the galaxy series smartphone comes with the best hardware and features in its category but in terms of software update Samsung lacks somewhere in the middle, till now only Galaxy S5 from this vendor has got Android 5.0 Lollipop update officially and rest of them are still waiting to get but there is no news from their side. As Samsung has released this Galaxy S2 Plus device long back so it’s worthless to wait for the Lollipop update so soon.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t get the Lollipop features in your device, there are several Custom ROMs gets updated to Lollipop that can easily be flashed on your device but among those Cyanogen Mod 12 (CM 12) ROM is most popular and most of the rooted Android devices are using this ROM to get Lollipop on their device, if you also want to get this on your device then just follow the steps mentioned in this post. But you must have rooted Galaxy S2 Plus and installed any custom recovery on it(preferably CMW or TWRP).
If you have decided to flash Android Lollipop based ROM on Galaxy S2 Plus then first read the complete tutorial below to clarify any doubt by commenting below so that while following the process you won’t come across and error.
Features of Galaxy S2 Plus that are need to be fixed
- ScreenRecord does not work
- FM Radio does not work
- NFC does not work on I9105P
- Sometimes wake up music causes stutter
- Wi-Fi HAL (ie Scanning MAC Address Randomization) not implemented
- Unable to unpin screen without rebooting
- Swipe-typing and face unlock are NOT ROM issues. They need the proper libraries from Google Apps.
- To flash this ROM on your device, it must have root access with installed CWM/TWRP recovery. Search our blog to find the suitable article.
- You must have created the backup of all your contacts, data, and files.
- Don’t forget to enable USB debugging mode, to do so, follow this path-Settings->Applications->Developers Options->USB debugging mode.
- Make sure that you have charged your device, it should show the battery level up to 60%.
The guide involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may damage your device. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
- Download CM 12 ROM for Galaxy S2 Plus
- Download Lollipop GApps
- Download SuperSu (Only if you want root access as well)
Install Android Lollipop based ROM on Galaxy S2 Plus
- Download all the file from the link above on your PC and transfer them to your device’s SD card by connecting it through USB cable.(Don’t extract any file and make sure you haven’t copied inside any folder)
- Now remove the device and turn it off completely.
- Now Press Volume Up+Home+Power button to boot into recovery mode.
- Once entering into the recovery mode, you will see several options, select Wipe Data/Factory Reset option
- Now clear the cache memory by selecting Wipe Cache Partition.
- Then go back to main recovery menu and select advanced option and then select Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- After doing all the basic tasks, you now need to flash the ROM on your device, just go through the option called ‘Install Zip from SD card‘ and browse the ROM file you have transferred to your device’s SD card to being the installation.
- Follow the same Step 7 to flash GApps on your device but this time browse GApps instead of the ROM file.
- (For them who want root access) Again follow the same step and this time just flash the SuperSU zip file.
- After installation, just reboot your device.
For further help, follow this link.