However, the new Galaxy Note 7 is not available in market but developers have already started working on root access and custom ROMs to offer extra potential to use the device to another extent. This is an Unofficial TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Note 7. In this tutorial we will take you through to the step by step guide to root Galaxy Note 7 SM930F and Install TWRP Recovery. To install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 7, you need Unlocked Bootloader first. So please unlock and then follow this guide to Install Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 7.
Warning: This is for the gracelte Samsung Galaxy Note 7 SM-N930F models only! Do not flash on any other model.
How to Root Galaxy Note 7 SM930F and Install TWRP Recovery
Things Needed to Root Galaxy Note 7
- This Guide is for How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with model SM-N930F.
- You need either Laptop or PC.
- Make sure your device’s battery level is up to 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
Files to Download
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers : CLICK HERE.
- Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE.
- Download Chainfire SuperSU.zip and place it on your root of Internal memory on your phone.
- Download TWRP for Note 7.
How To Root And Install TWRP for Samsung Galaxy Note 7
- If you have downloaded and installed the file from above then you are good to Go – Read from Step 2.
- First of all enable the USB Debugging.
- To Enable the USB Debugging you need also active the developer option, Now Go to your Settings -> About Phone -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Opendeveloper option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Aslo Enable OEM Unlocking by Going into Settings -> Developer Options -> Toggle OEM Unlocking.
- Open the Extracted ODIN File called Odin_v3.10.7.exe file using the Administrator – Right Click your mouse and Open using Administrator (If there is a pop-up regarding Installing ADB drivers let it finish, it usually updates).
- Now Reboot your phone into Download Mode
- So First Turn your Phone off -> press and hold Home + Power + Volume Down buttons Until you see a download mode.
- Once you see the download screen, Press Volume Up to Continue.
- Now Connect your phone to PC using the USB Cables.
- When you connect the USB cable you will see a blue sign in Odin (Make sure the COM : xx (xx is usb port number it can be any number so don’t worry about it, just verify COM is lit up).
- Add the Recovery TWRP .tar file which you downloaded from Above by Clicking AP/PDA Button and load it inside it.
- Now Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked – Go to Option and see.
- Also Uncheck the Auto Reboot if you installing for the first time.
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few seconds until you see a message pass. Once you see PASS.
- Restart the phone into recovery by Holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
- Voila Now you have a TWRP Recovery on your phone.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 7 using TWRP Recovery
- Download the Chainfire SuperSU Zip : Click here.
- Move the file to the root of your SD Card on your phone.
- Now Boot into Recovery by POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
- Now Click the Install Button from the recovery menu.
- Now BROWSE the file that you have moved to SD Card.
- Select it and SWIPE TO INSTALL it.
- That’s it! You have rooted your device! Reboot and Enjoy.
Source: XDA Member HostZero