How to Root Honor 6X with TWRP Recovery
Having a mid-range smartphone also comes with one or other hardware of software glitches, however Honor 6X is one of the well balanced device that packs dual camera, bigger 5.5 inch FHD display, instead of typical Snapdragon, the device runs on the Kirin 655 processor coupled with 3/4GB of RAM with 32/64GB of internal storage. According to the company, the device is also in the line to get the latest Android Nougat 7.0.
If you are a very big fan of Android N and can’t wait to get the official update, this tutorial might help you get rooted and flash any custom ROM available in the market with the help of TWRP recovery. In this tutorial, we have covered both, how to root Honor 6X and install TWRP recovery.
Note: To install TWRP recovery on your device, you must have to unlocke bootloader on your Honor 6X.
Install TWRP on Huawei Honor 6X
Download TWRP Recovery file on your PC
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC, follow this link .
- Open Settings on your device.
- Go to About phone and tap on Build number until it says you are a developer, this will enable Developer options.
- Open Developer options and Tick the USB Debugging checkbox
4. Open the folder where you saved TWRP Recovery .img file in Step 1 above.
5. Open command prompt by clicking, “Shift + Right click”on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here”.
6. Connect your device to the PC. And type the following into the command window
adb reboot bootloader
7. Your device will now boot into bootloader mode, now you need to execute the following command to flash TWRP recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
└ Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.
8. Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot:
Now reboot your device by running this adb reboot recovery command from PC command line when your device boots into system.
How to Root Huawei Honor 6X
Download SuperSU 2.79 (.zip)
- Download the SuperSU zip on your PC and transfer it into your device’s SD card.
- Again you need to boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Tap on Install and browser the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to your device’s SD card in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash at the bottom of screen to kick off the flashing.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get Reboot System option, select it.
That’s it. Your Honor 6X should be rooted now. You can verify the root access by installing Root Checker from Google Plat Store.