Although, HTC is quite late to offer any Android update to their users whether they have high-end or mid-range handsets. Leaving this part, HTC One M9 which is the most advanced smart phone from the company which is already running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. If you have also upgraded your device to the latest Android and looking to root it again then this post will guide you to the step by step procedure to root HTC One M9 on Marshmallow firmware. If you are still running the old Android Lollipop, go to your settings and check for the official update. Before going through the process mentioned below, you should be running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Also, it has been seen that Android Marshmallow offers many new features and improvements compared to Lollipop but still some of the things you can’t do on it. Check out below listings that clear the benefits of rooting over normal Android firmware.
Benefits of rooting
- With the help of root access, one can remove those apps which are pre-installed by your network provider or by manufacturer.
- Because of rooting you can also get the free storage space, rooted apps are available for efficient memory management.
- After rooting user can also update their phone to the latest version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM).
- It provides customization options when you use your new administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Rooting also increases the battery life of the Smartphone because those running constantly can be removed).
Wait a sec…
Rooting your gadget may void the guarantee either temporarily or for all time. The method followed in this instructional guide is viewed as dangerous and might block your gadget in compelling cases however you can simply restore the gadget with stock firmware. We are not in charge of any harm done to your gadget amid the procedure, continue at your own particular risk.
Follow the guide given below to root HTC One M9 with Marshmallow along with TWRP Recovery.
Things to be Done
- Your HTC One M9 must be charged above 60% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the process.
- It’s also mandatory to take a nandroid backup of your device.
Files to Download
Root HTC One M9 on Marshmallow with TWRP Recovery
- Follow this guide, How to Install TWRP Recovery on HTC One M9, to install TWRP on your HTC One M9. Use the files linked above in this thread.
- Now you need to transfer the downloaded SuperSU zip file to your device’s SD card. Make sure you memorize the folder where you keep the file in your device.
- Its time to put your device in recovery mode, to do so, follow the steps below:
- Turn off the phone and press the Volume Down & Power buttons to boot into bootloader mode.
- In bootloader screen, select Recovery mode using volume buttons and then press the power button to boot into recovery mode.
- Once you are in recovery mode, select Install zip and browse for the downloaded SuperSu zip file.
- Swipe to confirm installation.
- Once done with the installation, just Reboot your device to explore the power of root on your device.
I’m sure you device will boot up with root access, to check whether your HTC One M9 got rooted or not, download this app from Play store and analyse.
[pb-app-box pname=’com.joeykrim.rootcheck’ name=’Root Checker’ theme=’discover’ lang=’en’]