How to Root Huawei P9 Lite and Install TWRP Recovery
Huawei has launched the another variant of Huawei P9 smartphone, is called Huawei P9 lite. According to the name of the device, it is a lightweight competitor device comes with pretty good specs under the hood. It comes with 13 megapixels rear camera, 2GB and 3GB RAM option, 16 GB internal storage which is expandable up to 256 GB and Android Marshmallow version.
Huawei P9 Lite runs on Android Marshmallow, but there are still many features remaining in Stock ROM and you can be added those only after rooting your device. Here in this article, we will guide you to how to root Huawei P9 Lite, after rooting you can able to remove pre-installed apps that you don’t want to use. You can able to install root-only apps on the device, custom recovery and custom ROMs.
Things To Be Done
- This will void the warranty of your phone.
- make sure you have installed proper USB drivers.
- Make sure you enabled the USB Debugging.
- Make sure you have installed ADB and Fastboot setup on your PC.
- This process should remove all the device data, so better you take a complete backup of the device.
- This rooting procedure only for Huawei P9 Lite.
- Make sure that device should be charged more than 70%.
- Download Huawei P9 Lite Root File. Click Here
How to Root Huawei P9 Lite and Install Custom Recovery
- Go to the Settings>Developer option and turn on USB debugging and enable OEM Unlocking.
- Go to the Settings > About phone > Status and note down the serial number of the device.
- Lunch the dial pad and dial *#*#1357946#*#* on your device and note down the product number.
- Again open the dial pad and dial *#06# and note down the IMEI number.
- Now open any web browser on your PC or Laptop and go to the Huawei’s unlock bootloader site.
- Create a new account and log-in, if you have already account then login direct.
- Fill all the details to generate a bootloader unlock code.
- You will get an email from Huawei regarding unlock code.
- Connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Now go to the ADB folder on your PC and run command prompt. (hold Shift key and right click anywhere in ADB folder and open command window )
- Write the following command in command prompt.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device reboot into bootloader mode, after reboot, write the following command. You should replace KEY with the unlock code.
fastboot oem unlock KEY
- Follow the instruction on your device to the unloack boot loader.
- Write command in command prompt to reboot your device.
- You unlocked the bootloader of the device.
Install TWRP Recovery
- Go to the ADB folder and open the command prompt, write the following commands.
adb reboot bootloader
- Your device will reboot in bootloader mode after that write the following command in command prompt.
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
- After installing TWRP Recovery write the following command.
- Your device will be rebooted.
Root Huawei P9 Lite
- Connect your device to the PC or Laptop via USB cable.
- Transfer the Root-SuperSU-v2.65.zip file (you will find in downloaded file) to the internal storage of the device.
- Remove your device from USB cable and reboot your device into recovery mode (Hold Volume Up and Power buttons together).
- Go to the Install option and select the Root-SuperSU-v2.65.zip and installed it.
- After installing reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Huawei P9 Lite and install TWRP recovery.