How to Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3 SM-G316HU via Odin
Think, if You don’t have enough budget or you don’t want to spend more money on mobile phone then Samsung ‘s duos series has your kind of phones. These phones are cheaper that runs Android and also has dual sim slot(which some extends phones then this also don’t have!!) to use two network carriers.
However, if you want to get the full access of the hardware, rooting is the best option to go with. The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3 has been rooted and you too can gain root on your model and flash any custom ROM that accelerates your device’s performance and UI tweaks. This tutorial is gonna guide you how to Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3 (SM-G316HU) , follow the steps carefully and you’re done.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3 via Odin
Things to Do:
- Rooting an Android device voids the OEM warranty. Also follow the steps carefully to get rooted.
- To get it done, be handy with a Windows PC with installed Samsung USB drivers.
- If you have any sort of important data in your device, make sure to take a backup and keep somewhere safe.
- You should only do this on a Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3.
Root Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3:-
To root the device, you’ll first install a firmware with the help of Odin windows software and then the Kingoroot app does the rest for you. Here’s how to do that:
Downloading Required Files:-
Rooting Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3:-
- Extract the ROM and Odin on your PC
- Now launch the Odin file by double-clicking on executable file.
- Switch off your device.
- Now you need to turn on the device in download mode, do it by pressing and holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together.
- Press Volume UP to enter the download mode.
- Now connect your device to PC via USB cable
- Click on PDA in the Odin and browse the ROM file you downloaded.
- Ensure first that only F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot are checked in the Odin.
- Click on Start in the Odin and it’ll start installing the ROM on your Galaxy S Duos 3.
- Once flashing is done, your device will automatically reboot.
- After that, go to Menu > Settings > About phone and tap on Build number for 7 times to enable developer options
- Head to Menu > Settings > Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Once again check whether your device is still connected to your PC.
- Double-click on Kingoroot and install the app on your PC.
- Launch the app once it’s installed.
- Click on Root in the app and it’ll begin rooting your device.
- When the app’s done rooting your device, reboot your device.
Congrats! You have successfully rooted Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3 (SM-G316HU)