The brand Sony is always known for its camera features.They have always some unique camera features than other rivals.and specially,this phone has been priced at quite an affordable rate and features some of the really nice features such as a 6″ inch screen(which is enough bigger then most mobile of this range) , an Octa-core processor, 3GB of RAM, and a 21.5MP primary camera.
If we talk about software then, the device runs Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow but the company has promised the device will get the Nougat update very soon. While Marshmallow runs really great and provides almost all the features you would expect from an Android device, However you can make your device more powerful by Root.
After Rooting your Sony xperia XA Ultra, you can run rooted apps on your device. this apps will provide more features than other apps on play store. you can also flash a custom ROM on your device that changes entire appearance of your device and makes it something newer. Also, it lets you remove the stock apps from your device that you don’t use but have occupied a large chunk of your device’s memory space.
Rooting of Sony xperia xa ultra is not so much hard. it is very easy. it is as easy as running command crompt window and then flashing a file.
How to Root Sony Xperia XA Ultra
Things to do first
- Do follow this method of rooting at your own risk, as it voids warranty.
- Make sure you have installed ADB on your Windows PC, click here to install.
- Also, you must have device’ bootloader unlocked before proceeding.
- As with this procedure, you’re gonna flash a custom ROM, so take a complete backup of your device’s data.
Files to Download
Flash TWRP Recovery
- Copy recovery.img from your desktop over to the ADB folder located in the C:/ drive of your PC.
- Open Settings on your device.
- Go to About phone and tap on Build number until it says you are a developer, this will enable Developer options.
- Open Developer options and Tick the USB Debugging checkbox
4. Open the folder where you saved TWRP Recovery .img file in Step 1 above.
5. Open command prompt by clicking, “Shift + Right click”on any empty white space inside the folder and then select “Open command window here”.
6. Connect your device to the PC. And type the following into the command window
adb reboot bootloader
7. Your device will now boot into bootloader mode, now you need to execute the following command to flash TWRP recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
└ Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.
8. Once TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, issue the following command to reboot:
Now reboot your device by running this adb reboot recovery command from PC command line when your device boots into system.
Root Sony Xperia XA Ultra
- The SuperSU file you downloaded above, transfer it into your device’s SD card.
- Again you need to boot your device into bootloader mode.
- Tap on Install and browser the SuperSU zip file that you transferred to your device’s SD card in Step 1.
- After selecting the .zip file, do Swipe to Confirm Flash at the bottom of screen to kick off the flashing.
- Once SuperSU is flashed, you’ll get Reboot System option, select it.
You have now rooted your Xperia XA Ultra!