How to root Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact with Advance Kernel(TWRP)
The Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact made his first debut on IFA this year but took little more time to land different market to reach people. As we can see the specs of this tablet, it packs all new latest hardware and offer features that easily a user fall in love with it. But if you a kind of user who wants to use more features compare to what it offers out of the box then rooting is the best way to go for. There are several advantages of having a rooted Android smartphone or tablet to work on. Though, rooting Xperia devices is not as much easy you are thinking so I’d suggest you to first read the whole tutorial and clarify your doubts if you get confuse anywhere in the steps. Comment them below, I’ll try to solve them out.
Benefits of rooting
- With the help of root access, one can remove those apps which are pre-installed by your network provider or by manufacturer.
- Because of rooting you can also get the free storage space, rooted apps are available for efficient memory management.
- After rooting user can also update their phone to the latest version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM).
- It provides customization options when you use your new administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Rooting also increases the battery life of the Smartphone because those running constantly can be removed).
Things to be Done
- This will void the warranty of your device.
- Download and install proper USB driver.
- The process mentioned below requires a Windows PC.
- You must have enabled the USB debugging on your device (Settings > Developer options > USB debugging).
- For security reasons, create a complete backup of all your data.
- Make sure you have installed and setup Fastboot Adb on your Windows PC, click here for the tutorial for that.
The guide involved in flashing custom recoveries, ROMs and rooting your phone are highly custom and may damage your device. Also rooting your device will void its warranty and you will be no longer eligible for any kind of free device services by the manufacturers/warranty providers. Make sure that whatever you do, you are doing it at your own responsibility.
How to root Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact with Advance Kernel
- Download both the file and extract the Xperia Advance Kernel, inside the extracted folder, you will find a file called boot.img, copy the file and paste it to the working fastboot folder on your PC.
- After completing the first step, go to the fastboot folder and open command prompt there, do press Shift+Right Click and select ‘open command prompt here’.
- Now connect your device to your PC via USB cable and run the following commands:
(to check your device is connected successfully or not) now run:
adb reboot bootloader fastboot flash boot.img
- Now disconnect your device from your PC and boot into recovery, to do so: first switch off your device and press Volume Up+Power until you see Sony logo on the screen.
- In the next screen you will several options, you just select “install from SD card” option, it will ask you to locate the zip file, just locate the SuperSU zip file that you have already copied to your device’s SD card.
- After completion, just reboot your device.
That’s it, you have successfully rooted your Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact. For any query just comment below.