Though Oppo devices are running a custom ROM out of the box to offer more features to the users compared to normal Android users. But still there few features you can get on your device by just flashing some other best available custom ROM for Oppo Find 7 and 7a device over the internet, you can also find the way to flash those ROM by searching over the Google but finding the best one is difficult as there are tons of custom ROMs available for Android devices, If you bored of using the same Color OS UI on your device that just adds few new feature but basically layers up the basically features and UI of Android with an attractive UI that attracts the users.
If you have rooted and your device and installed any custom recovery then easily you can flash these rom. Whenever we talk about any custom ROM, there must be rooting as there are several advantages of having a rooted device to avail more customizations and features, see the main benefits of having root access on a device:
Benefits of rooting
- With the help of root access, one can remove those apps which are pre-installed by your network provider or by the manufacturer.
- Because of rooting you can also get the free storage space, rooted apps are available for efficient memory management.
- After rooting user can also update their phone to the latest version of Android (by flashing a custom recovery/ROM).
- It provides customization options when you use your new administrative rights to flash a custom ROM (again, see the end of this procedure for more info on that).
- Rooting also increases the battery life of the Smartphone because those running constantly can be removed).
Top Best Custom ROM for Oppo Find 7 and 7a smartphone
1. CyanogenMod ROM
CyanogenMod team is one of the most popular custom ROM that packs some powerful tweaks and offers lightweight UI. There are no whacky customizations all work performed on it is just simple and fluid. Most of the users who love the Stock Android or AOSP based firmware that basically runs on Nexus devices, prefer CyanogenMod ROM once after getting the root access.
Though, Cyanogen releases the ROM only to selected devices that also after testing, if everything works fine on the device. If you own an Oppo, Samsung or HTC or Nexus smartphone or tablet can give it a try CyanogenMod based custom ROM available for your device for sure.
2. AOKP Nightly ROM
AOSP is maintained by Google and there is a fully open source customizable version AOKP. It has all the freedom to tweak and customize, unlike CyanogenMod. But AOKP is the tweaked version of AOSP, while the features of AOPK and CyanogenMod is almost same but AOKP packs some great customization options like Custom toggles, Vibration patterns, navigation rings.
There are many other ROMs available for different devices which are based on CyanogenMod and AOKP and gaining popularity because of the bulk of included features and customization options.
3. Paranoid Android ROM
Paranoid custom ROM developers team are big fans of AOKP and they build the ROM by getting inspired to them but they disappointed users with the lack of customization and eye candy features we generally want in a custom ROM. But then after, they picked up AOKP completely and ported some of the most amazing customization features and controls that made Paranoid a big hit. Let’s talk about a few features that make Paranoid better than CM and AOKP.
Features of Paranoid Android ROM
- Hybrid Engine: One of the most loved features of this ROM is the support for the tablet interface to Android Phablets. They introduced per-app density so that you can set up DPI on a per-app basis. So every app has its own graphical size and you can use apps as Phone or Tablet interface.
- Pie Control: After Hybrid engine, they introduced another feature called Pie Control, they removed both upper and bottom bar from the screen to run every app in full screen, just to get the more control and command over the options within the app.
- Halo Notifications: It is another additional interface to show notification from apps. It works like the Facebook chat heads.
4. Nameless ROM
Don’t for the name, see what features you are about to get on your Android Tablet or smartphone. The main goal of the NamelessROM is to offer quality development for Android devices, phones and tablets alike. NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own.
NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you’re out of luck.
5. OMNI ROM
OmniROM isn’t alone in not including Google Apps when newly flashed to an Android phone or tablet, but that doesn’t mean that this isn’t something to talk about.
The ROM uses the Paranoid Android 0-Day Gapps build from XDA-Developers.com, which means that you can choose from four different collections of Google Apps, which you should select based on your requirements.