Certainly, the Samsung is going to discharge the most recent ‘Marshmallow Update’ for its recently released ‘A and J Series Smartphones. In any case, the organization hasn’t characterized the careful date for it! Be that as it may, one can download and Update Galaxy A5 SM-A500FU to Marshmallow with CM 13 Custom ROM. As I said, this is an unofficial CyanogenMod 13 upgrade which is modded by ‘TheWhisp (Recognized Xda Developer)’ . Along these lines, those users who would prefer not to sit tight for the official discharge can run with this unofficial Marshmallow update for Galaxy A5 (SM-A500FU).
Here in this post, I have described the step by step guide that will help you get the Marshmallow sweetness on your Galaxy A5, however the update is not official but you can trust the very popular Cyanogen as they are the only one who have released stable custom ROM based on Marshmallow firmware. do, if you are interested dive into the latest Android 6.0, follow the guide to Update Galaxy A5 SM-A500FU to Marshmallow with CM 13 ROM.
While following the steps, if you face any difficulties or come across any doubts, feel free to drop a comment below in the specified place. I will try to answer them for sure.
As we are going to follow the guide, but there are certain requirements you must have to cross check to avoid any errors.
Things to be Done
- First of all, once you get into the flashing process, you can charge your device, so better you check whether your device is having more than 70% of battery level.
- Having backup of your device on your PC or somewhere is very needed, I’d recommend you to first create a back. It helps you get the device back in working condition if something goes wrong during the installation.
- You device must be rooted and installed any custom Recovery such as TWRP or CWM. In this post, I have preferred CWM custom recovery.
- One more thing which is left to cross check is the USB debugging. Your device must have enabled the USB debugging, you will find this option in your phone under the Settings -> Developers menu.
Download Samsung Galaxy A5 Marshmallow Update
Update Galaxy A5 SM-A500FU to Marshmallow with CM 13 ROM
Step 1: Download both the ROM and Gapps file on your PC, no need to extract any of them.
Step 2: Then, connect your Galaxy A5 with your system and copy the downloaded files to the root directory, or if you want to keep somewhere else, remember the path.
Step 3: Once done with the file transfer, disconnect your device and turn it off completely.
Step 4: Now you need to boot your device into recovery mode, to do so:
- Press and Hold “Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons” until you get the Samsung logo.
Step 5: Now you are in recovery mode, you have to perform a complete format.
- Select “wipe data/factory reset“, then select “Yes” to confirm the execution and wait till the data wipe is complete. Now, go to CWM recovery main menu.
- Select “wipe cache partition” and after that, select “Wipe Dalvik Cache” under advance option to perform Dalvik cache wiping.
Step 6: Finally, it’s the time to Update Galaxy A5 to Marshmallow by flashing ROM and Gapps packages. Follow the below method:
- Select “install zip from SD card” > “choose zip from SD card” > select “ROM.zip” file > select “OK” to start the flashing process.
- Similarly, you can flash “Gapps” as above.
Step 7: Once the flashing process is completed successfully. Select “++++Go Back++++” and then choose “reboot system”.